Without further ado, here are the things we want to remember about our wonderful Reed at ten months:
- At around 21 1/2 pounds and approximately 29 1/2 inches long, the chart I referenced says Reed is in the 49th percentile for weight and 66th for height. But he's still got those deliciously chubby cheeks, thights, and tummy!
- Sleep patterns have remained the same. Morning nap from around 9 to 10 a.m., afternoon nap from around 1:45 - 3:30 p.m., and nighttime sleep from 7 p.m. to 6:45/7:00 a.m.
- Reed takes breastmilk four times a day (6:45/7 a.m., 10/10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.), with just a little sip before bed. He's taking less and less milk now, down to around 23 ounces a day (from 32).
- He eats three solid meals a day (8:30, noon, and 6:15 p.m.), with a snack in the late afternoon. He loves protein (ground beef is his favorite, but he likes chicken too), dairy (cheese and yogurt), and bread (Cheerios and bread). Fruits and veggies are not his faves, but we're usually able to get in one carton a day. Reed really loves feeding himself and spoon feeding is getting more and more challenging.
- Still no teeth! Again, no complaints, since I'm still nursing him in the mornings.
- As I mentioned above, Reed can now get to a sit on his own, crawl, and pull up, as well as cruise a bit and walk with assistance. But while he's growing in independence in terms of his ability to get around, Reed still really loves to be held and picked up. He often reaches out for Jeff or me to hold him and is happy to be cuddled.
- He added "na na" to his vocabulary this month. He alternates between "ma ma", "ba ba" and "da da" as his favorite word.
- Reed is getting better and better with his waving. While it's still not consistent, he'll wave back about 50% of the time now. Progress!
- He loves peek-a-boo, both with blankets and on the floor, when we hide behind objects like the ottoman or door.
- His favorite game this month was when I would crawl toward him on the floor, and at the end of the month, he would start crawling toward me before I could get him, meeting me in the middle. So much fun. Reed also likes "trying" to crawl away from us on the sofa, but then waiting for us to grab him and swing him back. Lots of laughs during that game!
- He loves being ticked on his legs while he's in his highchair (see the video below!).
- Reed's favorite toys are his Leap Frog Learn 'N Groove Table, his VTech alphabet train (thanks Bubbe and Zaide!), his dog from Uncle Rob and Aunt Brie, and his elephant ball popper from Aunt Rachael. He also loves our toys - the remote control is a particular fave!
- His favorite books continue to be All of Baby, Nose to Toes, The Going to Bed Book, and Goodnight, Moon.
- Reed continues to be mesmerized by music. I've learned that singing to him while changing his diaper ensures that he stays put, instead of trying to crawl off the table!
|Look at his tums!|
|Proud of his sign!|
|And now it's time to get it!|
|Our little cruiser|