Reed has recently been showing more interest in mirrors and yesterday Jeff had the genius idea to move the mirror on Reed's activity mat directly overhead, so that our sweet boy could see himself while lying down. As evidenced by the video, Reed has now discovered exactly how cute he is and he's as in love with his own appearance as we are. We only wish he'd show this much excitement when seeing his mommy and daddy!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Reed has loved his pappasan cradle swing (awesome present from his Great-Aunties Karen and Ellen!) from day 1. It's super comfy and it swings both back and forth and side to side. But it's only been recently that he's taken notice of the fancy mobile and light show that takes place overhead . We just love watching him focus on the little animals - he's mesmerized!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
We can hardly believe it, but Reed is two months old today! At his 2-month doctor's appointment, our sweet boy weighed in at 13 pounds and measured 24 1/4 inches long - he loves his mommy's milk! He's already changed so much since last month. Here are all the things we want to remember about Reed at two months:
- He starts grunting about 45 minutes before waking up. Like his daddy, it takes him a long time to actually get moving!
- He follows us around a room, both with his eyes and his head.
- SMILES! We get more and more every day, but our favorites are when he smiles at us from his crib after a nap. He seems so happy to see us!
- LAUGHS! This started toward the end of this month, but Reed loves when we make faces at him and laughs accordingly.
- He loves the mobiles on his crib and swing, and also likes the moving features on his Rainforest bouncer chair.
- While he doesn't really look at his hands yet, Reed loves to suck on them and sometimes even holds his pacifier.
- He takes five ounces of breastmilk in the mornings.
- At seven weeks old, Reed started sleeping through the night - from around 10:30 to 5:30 a.m. The extra sleep is just heaven for his parents!
- Reed is still very "expressive", but has traded some of his goat noises for coos. While he still grunts on occasion, he sounds less and less like Beavis every day.
|Our sweet two-month old!|
|He still loves his bathies.|
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Reed's first smile (we think!) was on May 7, but in the last week or so, he's REALLY started smiling, most often in the morning and after diaper changes. In the last couple of days, he's started to smile in recognition of us, when we pick him up from his crib after naps. Everyone says that seeing your baby smile at you is the most amazing thing - and it is! I caught a few of his cute smiles on video today. The video also shows some of his darling facial expressions. I love his wide eyes!
Reed frequently had the hiccups in utero, so it's no surprise to Jeff and me that he has had the hiccups at least once a day since his birth. We were surprised, however, by their intensit! We're constantly amazed that they don't seem to bother him at all. But they're so cute, we had to capture them on video.