Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yankee Doodle Boy

Yesterday was Reed's first 4th of July and he celebrated in style!  In a very patriotic outfit courtesy of Gail and Ed Lapaz (college friends of Gram and Grandpa), Reed looked adorable.  We had our good friends Jen and Dustin Simon and Ben and Erin Willcher over for dinner, and then we headed down the street to watch the Rockville fireworks.  Reed stayed up past his bedtime and seemed enthralled with the light show. 

This was a special weekend for Jeff and me as well - we celebrated our 3-year wedding anniversary on Sunday!  We treated ourselves to a tasty dinner at Austin Grill in Rockville Town Center (with the fella, who slept through the whole thing!) and then enjoyed some homemade spice cake (in honor of our wedding cake) at home.  Jeff got me a new hot pink iPod, which was a great gift.  I feel lucky every day to be married to my best friend, who challenges me, makes me laugh, and best of all, is the best husband and father I know.  Here's to a lifetime of happiness with you, babe! 

And here's our little guy, in his Independence Day finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment