- Reed now loves to laugh! He particularly likes when Daddy plays the "Where's Reed?" game (putting a cloth or blanket over his eyes, then taking it off), and when Mommy makes big "Aahhhh" sounds and faces at him.
- As noted in an earlier post, Reed discovered himself in the mirror and thinks he is just gorgeous (as do we all!). He doesn't laugh hysterically at his own image anymore, but he does smile at himself every time we pass a mirror.
- He started batting at objects on his activity mat and on his Rainforest bouncer chair last week and sometimes he even grabs hold of one for a few minutes.
- Reed has definitely found his voice! He loves to "talk" and screech, which we still find adorable (we might not find it so cute when we're on the airplane to CA next week and are getting death stares from strangers, but for now we like it). He sometimes even seems to be having conversations with us, but we think that's more chance than anything else.
- He takes a 6 ounce bottle of breastmilk from Jeff every morning.
- Reed has begun trying to hold the bottle when Jeff feeds him, which has proven to be a little treacherous. He still doesn't have great coordination and tends to hit the bottle away, rather than bring it closer.
- He sleeps from about 8:45 p.m. to around 5:30/6:00 a.m. each night. With the help of the pacifier, he can hang out in his crib until 6:30 a.m., when we feed him.
- Speaking of the pacifier, Reed LOVES it. It definitely helps soothe him before naps and bedtime, and often during the day when he's fussy.
- Sometimes during a nursing session, in between sides he will look up at me and just stare and smile for three to five minutes. It's like we're in our own little world. Magical!
- Reed really likes the taggie blanket we keep in his carseat. It's handmade from Israel and was a gift from our friends Sara and Ron Gorfinkel. He's now starting to hold on to it, lift it up, etc. Very cool.
- Over the weekend he lifted a rattle on his own and shook it for a minute. Sadly, he hasn't done so again since, but we're waiting!
- Reed is great at holding his head up. He rarely needs head/neck support when we hold him and he pushes up really well when he's on his tummy.
|Such a big boy!|
|Playtime with Gram|
|Unsure of this Grandpa character|