Thursday, October 3, 2013

What's Your Favorite Team, Part II

Albeit a disappointing season, Reed's and my answer to this question is still the Washington Nationals.  But as my brother kindly pointed out in a comment to What's Your Favorite Team, Part I, their season is over and I am gearing up to root for the Dodgers in their first playoff game tonight against the Atlanta Braves.  Before doing so, I wanted to say one last hooray for the Nats.  While their exciting play in September was indeed too little, too late, it sure was fun to watch them slowly but surely narrow that gap in the Wild Card race.  In memory of the 2013 season, here are some pictures from my trip down to the Nationals Park field to watch the club take batting practice - a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I'll remember forever!  If only my dad had told me to bring a ball with me for signing . . .

Jayson Werth and Bryce Harper taking a stroll down the third base line.

The Zimmerman.  Ryan Zimmerman.  #11.  Love him.

Fellow Nats fans and AU colleages Lisa Arakaki and Traci Crockett shared the excitement with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment