It was an amazing week. Some of the highlights:
- Twice-daily swim sessions (as mentioned above!). Reed particularly enjoyed the noodles, his circle raft, and seeing Uncle Robby wear his swim sweater.
- The beach! Turns out, Reed could be a beach bum. He loved it all - the sand, the waves, the tunnels on the canyon.
- Watering Grammy's flowers. Reed loved his daily chore.
- Colin's performance and Aunt Candy's choreography in TADW's Aladdin. So cool to get to see all of their hard work this summer pay off in such a great show! Colin was an amazing Abu and Candy's choreography was wonderful. I think the best part of the experience was Reed's comment once we got in the car to leave. After being on the verge of tears the entire time and whimpering into my ear every five minutes, "Home! Go home!", he says cheerfully, with zero sarcasm, "That was FUN!". I kid you not.
- Telestrations. Perhaps a new Sherwin family favorite?
- Old friends. A special treat for me was visiting with my old ballet teachers Kim Maselli and Joyce Hurley. They were such an important part of my childhood and teenage years, and I owe so much to them.
- Family BBQ. Catching up with our family and seeing Reed enjoy his cousins Colin, Evan, Brooklyn, and Chelsea was so precious.
- Splash park! Well, maybe not a REAL splash park, but the water fountain at the Janns Mall was definitely a highlight for Reed.
- Talking, talking, talking . . . Reed had a huge language burst while we were in CA. All of a sudden, his three and four word sentences turned into six, seven, and eight word sentences, and we could actually have real conversations with him. It's only increased since then.
|Reed and Uncle Robby playing telephone through the noodle|
|Reed thought Uncle Robby wearing the swim sweater was HILARIOUS!|
|On a search for rocks at Zuma Beach|
|An expert with a pail and shovel|
|Good times burying Mommy's feet in the sand|
|Gorgeous Rob and Brie|
|Enjoying some afternoon animal crackers with Daddy and Bampa|
|Dinner al fresco (every night!)|
|The fam at CSUN for Alladin|
|Our awesome Abu!|
|Reed loved pool time with Bampa (and the blue noodle!)|
|He just hated being the center of attention|
|Floating like a big boy in the spa with Mommy and Grammy|
|Light of my life!|
|Scoping out the flower beds|
|He doesn't delight us at all . . .|
|The love affair continues with cousin Chelsea|
|Strike a pose, buddy!|