Monday, September 27, 2010

We're Live!

After a couple of months or so of thinking about this, we're finally launching our family blog!  It's definitely still a work in progress (meaning design, layout, etc. are far from perfect), but I figured I might as well bite the bullet and just start blogging.  Although "going live" before it's "just right" goes against every fiber of my being, perhaps this can be the start of a new chapter in my life - the "good enough" chapter.  After all, with the slew of changes heading our way in the spring, "good enough" is going to be pretty important!

So, as many of our family and friends know by now, on April 6, Jeff and I will be welcoming a new baby into the world!  We couldn't be more thrilled.  After two years of marriage, we both felt ready and excited to take on the new chapter of parenthood and on July 29, while on vacation in beautiful St. Maarten, a pregnancy test confirmed what we had been hoping for!

I'm now 12 weeks along and little T-Pup (nickname courtesy of Brie Sherwin) is already 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce.  It's unbelievable to think that something so small can already be so developed, but T-Pup already has arms, legs, eyes, ears, and a nose and mouth, not to mention a strong heartbeat and functioning kidneys.  It's even moving around inside of me, waving its little arms and legs, which we got to see on the 12-week ultrasound.  Jeff and I have never been more mesmerized than we were watching that baby raise the roof on my stomach!

It will still be a another eight weeks before we know the sex of little T-Pup (and yes, OF COURSE we're finding out!) and get another ultrasound, so in the meantime, we just have to make do with the adorable pictures we got last Thursday.  Jeff and I are withholding judgement for a while, but Grandma Jeanne (temporary name here - she's yet to pick her formal grandparent moniker!) has already proclaimed the baby absolutely gorgeous.  See for yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's such exciting news! I thought that might be what I would read in your first post :)

    I'll call you soon to catch up. So happy for you both! Love you!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, could you BE more adorable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara and Jeff, We are so thrilled to hear of your impending parenthood!! It is a very exciting time in your lives. Savor every minute. In case you haven't heard, Kimi is also expecting on the same day as you. Ron and I are ecstatic too. Enjoy your time with Mom! Love, Joyce and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!! Congratulations Tara & Jeff! I agree with grandma, T-pup is gorgeous! I'm so excited for yall. And I love the blog! I'll be a loyal follower. Don't forget to make yourself a book of it every year, they're so fun to have. Hope you're not too sick and exhUsted! Pregnancy can be pretty rough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TARA LYNNE!! I am so late to the party! Mark and I are tremendously happy for you and Jeff. What a lucky baby. :)

    Congratulations, sweet Tara. What a wonderful mother you will be! I can't wait to meet Baby Lang!

    ReplyDelete